The following is a brief overview of the Department’s admissions process which starts on December 1 (application submission deadline) and ends on April 15 (the deadline for applicants to accept admittance).
- Interested applicants submit application materials by December 1.
- After the submission deadline, completed applications are routed to the Department faculty in each program area for their review.
- After reviewing the applications, faculty generate a list of the selected applicants they wish to invite to Visitation Interview Day.
- Selected applicants are contacted via phone/email/U.S. mail and invited to the Visitation Interview Day.
- Visitation Interview Day is January 25, 2013.
- After the interviews have been conducted, the faculty narrows down their recommendations for admission. This is done at the next scheduled Department Faculty Meeting.
- The recommended applicants are contacted via phone/email/U.S. mail and informed of their acceptance by the Department.
- The Department notifies the UW Graduate School of the recommended applicants for admission.
- The Graduate School sends each applicant his or her official letter of acceptance via U.S. mail.
- The Department sends each applicant his or her letter of congratulations via U.S. mail.
- Applicants have until April 15 to formally accept or decline the offer of admission.