The School of Education showcased its latest research and scholarship at the annual meetings of the American Educational Research Association
(AERA) and the National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME) in New Orleans, April 7-12.
Approximately 180 faculty, staff and students presented on a wide range of topics. To read the complete listing of SoE presenters and topics, download the 2011 AERA Booklet.
The School of Education would also like to congratulate the following 2011 AERA honors and award recipients:
- Michael Apple – 2011 AERA Fellow
- Bernadette Baker – Elected 2011 Division B (Curriculum Studies) Secretary
- Daniel Bolt – 2011 Outstanding Reviewer Award (Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics)
- LaVar Charleston – 2011 Emerging Scholars Workshop Participant
- Sara Goldrick-Rab – 2011 Outstanding Reviewer Award (Review of Educational Research)
- Carl Grant – 2011 Mentor Award, Elected 2011 Division B (Curriculum Studies) Vice-President
- Jerlando Jackson – 2011 Distinguished Scholar Award (Committee on Scholars of Color in Education)
- Elizabeth King – 2011 Graduate Student Excellence Award (Media, Culture & Curriculum SIG)
- Hans Klar (2010 ELPA Alum) – 2011 Dissertation of the Year Award (Leadership for School Improvement SIG)