Graduate Minor in Educational Psychology

Thinking about a Graduate Minor in Educational Psychology?

A Graduate Minor in Educational Psychology could enhance your graduate training in several ways:

  • Expand your knowledge: Our minor program will expand your understanding of how individuals learn, processes of human development, research methods and statistics, and/or how to enhance learning and adjustment in school settings.
  • Add to your credentials. Adding a Graduate Minor in Educational Psychology will enhance your resume or vitae and expand the positions for which you are qualified after completing your graduate program.
  • Flexibility in course work. The minor can be individually tailored to your specific interests in educational psychology. From incorporating technology in classroom learning to the neuroscientific basis of education to the design of effective tests and research measures, you can select courses that build specific areas of expertise.

How to Complete a Minor in Educational Psychology

  • Meet with an Educational Psychology faculty member to learn your options and plan a set of courses. Students must have an Educational Psychology faculty member serve as their Graduate Minor Advisor. If the minor course work focuses on one of the Department’s program areas, the advisor should be selected from among faculty members in that program area.
  • Complete the Graduate Minor Request form, obtain your minor advisor’s signature and file it with Ed Psych’s Grad Student Services Coordinator, Room 852D Ed Sciences. The Department will inform you when your graduate minor program has been approved.
  • Graduate minor programs should be approved before students complete more than 2 courses that they intend to include in the program.
  • Need to make an adjustment in your course plan?Contact your minor advisor to discuss any changes.Modify your form to indicate the new plan and send the update to the Grad Student Services Coordinator.
  • To obtain minor completion verification, stop by Room 852D with your prelim warrant and a copy of your transcript showing completion of grad minor courses. With this information you can obtain Ed Psych’s department chair signature.Once this is completed, your department will obtain other needed signatures and file this form with the Graduate School.