Welcome to the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Wisconsin–Madison! We invite you to learn more about our PhD, EdS, MS, and certificate programs.
Graduates in the Quantitative Methods area teach, serve as consultants to educational researchers, and conduct research on statistics and psychometrics in education-related fields.
The Learning Analytics online MS program empowers graduates to impact teaching, learning, and policy by harnessing vast amounts of educational data.
Ranked #3 in the Nation
UW–Madison’s Department of Educational Psychology is regularly ranked as one of the top programs in its field in U.S. News & World Report.
David Kaplan, the Patricia Busk Professor of Quantitative Methods in the Department of Educational Psychology was elected as President of the Psychometric Society. His term will begin in July 2023 The Psychometric Society was founded …
The National Science Foundation’s EHR Core Research program has awarded a $2.5 million grant to David Williamson Shaffer, Vilas Distinguished Achievement Professor of Learning Sciences at the University of Wisconsin–Madison in the Department of Educational …
Ed Psych Student Weicong Lyu Explores How Response Anchoring Can Detect Low Effort Completing Surveys
All researchers know that the ability to conduct good research depends on trustworthy data. For self-report rating scale data, a frequent concern is lack of respondent effort, or careless responding. If pervasive, this quickly leads to …
Our faculty in the Department of Educational Psychology are leading scholars in their fields, who are also committed and excellent teachers.
- UW–Madison’s Vlach explains ‘Why Forgetting Helps Us Remember’ on PBS Wisconsin
- UW–Madison’s Nathan to present book talk for ‘Foundations of Embodied Learning’ on Nov. 30
- Bell named to national panel that will examine how to make STEM learning more equitable
- UW–Madison’s Kaplan elected president of Psychometric Society
- December 8
- December 13Elevating Education in Politics: How Teacher Strikes Shape Congressional Election CampaignsTalk by Dr. Melissa Arnold Lyon12:00 PM, 298 Education Building
- December 13“Be a Bobcat!”: Racial-ethnic Identity, Belonging, and College Adjustment at a PWIEducational Psychology Colloquium Presentation by Dr. Brad Brown and Maame Adomako2:30 PM, 259 Educational Sciences
- December 14